Sunday, July 6, 2008

Walt Disney's Original Plans for EPCOT

I am sure many of you are aware that Disney's original plans for Epcot was not a Theme park. It was actually going to be a community of tomorrow where 20,000 people would live. The name EPCOT was an acronym for Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. The following video is of Walt Disney himself describing his plans for EPCOT. Unfortunately, Walt did not live long enough to see the opening of Epcot. As we know, EPCOT is not what Walt envisioned it would be, although it is still my favorite place to visit. Imagine if Walt had lived long enough? Would be have accomplished building this community? Why not? He succeeded at everything else he did. Any opinions on this?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Great idea for a blog. I love everything Disney!
http://mytraveleventures.blogspot.com

Ash said...

I love your blogs! Great information, I put your page on favorites =D

-Mila

Jessica Shope said...

Incredible!
I think we need another Walt Disney today. I'd love to hear his views on the current world-wide fuel crisis. I don't think that the world has ever seen a visionary like him.
Your blog is really awesome, by the way. ;] I plan on checking back regularly!